The extraordinary Julia Child, who revolutionized home cooking in America by bringing us the essential French repertoire of classic dishes, comes alive for the first time on the iPad®, NOOK Tablet™ and NOOK Color™.
The 32 recipes selected here include not only the most often prepared and best-loved dishes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume 1, but they also contain all the careful explanations of technique that make the difference between ordinary home cooking and putting together a ravishing French meal. Buying the right ingredients (or finding substitutes), planning ahead, understanding the whys and wherefores of what we are doing-these are what make the difference. And they are all here-and more.
Now for the first time there are luscious color photographs of each finished dish to instruct and inspire us. The voice of Julia’s longtime editor, Judith Jones, shares insightful anecdotes about Julia’s life and guides us in the pronunciation of French terms. Most valuable is the selection of video clips from The Way to Cook video series that was made in 1985, which reveal Julia at her best as a beloved teacher.
Enjoy and bon appétit!
- 32 recipes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume 1
- Color photographs of each finished dish
- 30 video clips from The Way to Cook video series
- Audio anecdotes from Judith Jones, Julia Child’s longtime editor
- Audio pronunciations of the names of French dishes
- Facebook sharing
- Grocery lists
- Rare photographs of Julia Child
- Resource Information (kitchen equipment, cutting, wines, stocks, definitions)
iPad Screenshots (Click to enlarge.)
NOOK Screenshots (Click to enlarge.)