NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED.
Open to residents of the United States, age 18 or older.
Entry Period: This contest begins at 12:00:00am Eastern Time on August 16, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59pm Eastern Time on August 30, 2015.
How to Enter:
1. To enter the Pin-it to Win-it Complete My Summer Reading Challenge Pinterest Contest (“Contest”), review these Official Rules and follow Doubleday Books on Pinterest. Then message Doubleday Books on Pinterest to request an invitation to the Pin-it to Win-it Board. Once added to the group Pin-it to Win-it Board, Pin at least one pin of your favorite book of this summer to the Pin-it to Win-it Board using the hashtag (#) #SummerReadingContest begins Sunday, August 16. Entries must be entered via the Contest board only and must be posted no later than Sunday, August 30, 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the computer servers of Doubleday, an imprint of The Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC (“Sponsor”). Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt. Only online entries will be accepted.
2. Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries.
3. Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
1. From all eligible entries received, one (1) winner will be chosen from the Pin with the largest number of repins and likes on or about Monday, August 31 by Sponsor, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this Contest are final and binding.
2. Winner will be notified by Pinterest direct message and will be asked to provide a shipping address for the prize. Individuals who receive notification of winning must respond within fourteen (14) days, or will forfeit their prize. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
1. Prize includes: one (1) John Grisham Tote (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) = $10.00); one (1) copy of BENNINGTON GIRLS ARE EASY (ARV = $24.95); one (1) copy of VOICES IN THE OCEAN (ARV = $27.95); one (1) copy of THE BLUMHOUSE BOOK OF NIGHTMARES (ARV = $35.00); one (1) copy of THE NIGHT SISTER (ARV = $29.95); one (1) copy of THE AMBASSADOR’S WIFE (ARV = $26.95); one (1) copy of CHINA RICH GIRLFRIEND (ARV = $26.95); and one (1) copy of THE KNOCKOFF (ARV = $25.95). Total ARV = $207.70.
2. In the event that there is an insufficient number of eligible entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prize.
This Contest is open to residents of United States, age 18 or older. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in anyway involved in the development, production, or distribution of this Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply.
1. No substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
2. All expenses, including taxes (if any), related to receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
3. Should the ARV of the prize equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer Identification Number to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form.
4. By accepting a prize, winners grants/grant to Sponsor the right to use his/her/their name/s, likeness/es, hometown/s and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, including posting on the Sponsor’s website, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By competing in this Contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, or the agencies of any of them and the authors and/or editors of any books promoted hereby from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expense arising out of or relating to participation in this Contest or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
6. Any dispute arising from this Contest will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and by entering the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
To receive the winner information, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by August 30, 2016 to Marketing Doubleday Books, an imprint of The Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC, 1745 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, Attention: Pin-it to Win-it Pinterest Contest Winner Information.
Doubleday Books, An imprint of The Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group,
A division of Penguin Random House LLC
New York, New York 10019